Ads 468 X 60

Nigerian troops clash-Boko Haram kills 18 people

Nigerian troops clash-Boko Haram kills 18 people
Clashes between the army and members of the Boko Haram sect has killed 18 people in northeastern Nigeria, sources said, and military officials said Saturday.  Boko Haram, which wants to impose Islamic law in northern Nigeria, and other Islamic groups have become the biggest threat to stability in Africa's largest oil exporter, according to Reuters.

Suspected members of Boko Haram killed 11 people in an attack in the town of Damboa in Borno State, on Thursday, shooting soldiers, burning shops and killing civilians, said a military source, who asked not to be named because he was not authorized to give an official statement .  "More troops have been dispatched to the area to deal with the rebels. They slipped away towards the bushes leading to Yobe and Gombe States," the source said.  Around 50 armed men in cars and motorcycles in the country stormed the town, forcing hundreds of residents to flee to hide in the surrounding area farms, local residents said.

In Gombe State, police killed seven members of Boko Haram in a gun battle two hours on Friday morning, said police spokesman told reporters Atajiri Fwaje Gombe.  President Goodluck Jonathan declared a state of emergency in mid-May and launched an attack on the stronghold of the group in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa states in the northeast.

Rebellion initially weakened but still active and there has been an increase in violence in the last month.  The main goals of Boko Haram is the security forces or government officials.  It also has conducted several attacks against Muslim and Christian pilgrims, as well as schools and markets. 
Read more

10 killed in heavy rains in South China

10 killed in heavy rains in South China
Six people were confirmed dead and three others missing in South China's Guangdong Province due to natural disasters are triggered by the southwest monsoon, the local government said on Saturday (17/8). 

Earlier this week, four people were killed and four others missing in the province due to heavy rains and floods triggered by Typhoon utor.  Until 16.00 Saturday, more than one million people from 262 villages and towns affected by heavy rains caused by the monsoon winds, said Kematau Relief Headquarters and the Provincial Flood Control, Xinhua reported. 

He added another 109 300 people were moved to safety.  According to the headquarters, 70 650 hectares of farmland affected, while 1,936 houses collapsed. 

Heavy rains have disrupted transportation, so that more than 3,000 people trapped in Zijin County, local authorities said.  Ongoing relief efforts. Heavy rains expected to continue in Guangdong on Sunday, the provincial meteorological bureau said.
Read more

Saudi king supports military action Egypt

King Abdullah of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia expressed full support for the action taken against the Egyptian military, one of them by forcibly disperse the protesters in several major cities in Egypt. 

"King of Saudi Arabia, the people and government to support his brothers in Egypt against terrorism," King Abdullah said in a television broadcast on Friday. 

As quoted from page AlJazeera, King Abdullah believes that Egypt would soon recovered and he urged Arab nations and Muslim countries reject any attempt to make Egypt is not stable.  Leader in Saudi Arabia was known to be close to former President Hosni Mubarak, who was ousted in 2011. On the other hand, the Saudis have been less than pleasant history with the Muslim Brotherhood - the political party of President Mohamed Moursi powering victory in the first democratic elections in the country Pyramid. 

Instantly Moursi by Egypt's military coup on July 3, the Saudi royal also pledged 5 billion dollars for Egypt.  In addition to Saudi Arabia, the Middle Eastern countries that support the military coup in Egypt is the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, and Kuwait. 

According to them, the military action against the supporters of the right Moursi done to restore order.  Up to now, there are hundreds if not thousands of people have been killed in military action in Egypt, while thousands more were injured.
Read more

Egyptian military surrounded the protesters at mosque

Egyptian security forces on Friday, surrounded a mosque in Cairo in which Muslim Brotherhood supporters hiding, with each side accusing the other of shooting, and officials said the Brotherhood. 

Siege of Al-Fath mosque in Ramsis area occurred in the late days of clashes between security forces and supporters of ousted president Mohamed Moursi that killed more than 80 people.  Security officials quoted by the official MENA news agency said there were "armed elements fired from the police and security forces in the mosque."  But the Freedom and Justice Party (FJP) for the prevention Moursi appeal of "killing" the other after 578 people were killed across the country on Wednesday when police clearing protest camps set up by the loyalists Moursi. 

FJP said in a statement there are "thousands of people trapped in Al-Fath Mosque" and the shooting has been going on for "more than an hour without stopping."  FJP urged "anyone to do anything to make (security forces) back ... It is clear that there is an intention to repeat the massacre Rabaa," the group said, referring to the Masjid al-Rabaa Adawiya - the main protest camp loyalist Moursi where more than 200 people were killed on Wednesday.
Read more

Venezuela pull its ambassador from Egypt

President Nicolas Maduro Venezuela recalled its ambassador to Cairo on Friday and called for Egyptian President Mohammed Moursi who deposed that reactivated. 

He also urged the restoration of constitutional order in Egypt, where more than 600 people have been killed in protests since Wednesday.  The Venezuelan president accused the United States and Israel were behind the dismissal Moursi July and uprisings in other countries such as Syria. 

The Venezuelan government has maintained close relations with the countries of the Middle East, particularly Iran.  Maduro also a close partner of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi is killed in a popular uprising in 2011. 

On Friday, Uruguay also condemned the violence in Egypt and called on the warring parties to resolve their differences through dialogue and mediation.  Moursi was ousted from the presidency on July 3 in the wake of mass protests.  Clashes between supporters Moursi, namely the Muslim Brotherhood and the security forces and supporters of the interim government of Egypt turned into a deadly earlier this week. 

At least 70 people were killed Friday after an official police use weapons to cope with the protesters, AFP reported.
Read more

Seven people were killed in attacks in Iraq

Attacks in Baghdad and the northern area of ​​Iraq's capital killed seven people on Friday, officials said. 

In the deadliest attack, at least four people were killed and 14 others wounded when a roadside bomb exploded in Ghazaliyah area, western Baghdad, the officials said, adding that another explosion at a commercial street in Saidiyah injuring six people, AFP reported. 

In Muqdadiyah, north of Baghdad, gunmen entered the city police chief and the officers shot dead in front of his family. 

In another incident, a bomb blast in a minibus terminal in Buhruz, north of Baghdad in restive Diyala province, killing two people and wounding seven others, while seven federal police officers were injured in an explosion in the north again in Samarra. 

The violence came a day after a series of coordinated bombings blamed on al Qaeda targeted mainly Shi'ite areas in Baghdad killed at least 24 people and wounding almost 100. 

The interior ministry warned, Iraq has become "the arena of war", but stressed that despite the "war against terrorism will be long and heavy, and full of great sacrifice ... in the end we will win".  Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said security forces will continue to carry out large-scale operation to hunt down the militants. 

The attacks in Iraq increased this year, especially since the security operation at a location 23 April Sunni Arab protests that sparked anti-government clashes that killed dozens of people.  Friday's violence was the latest in a wave of bombings and suicide attacks in the middle of a political crisis between Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and his government partners and protest marches for several weeks demanding his resignation. 

More than 800 people were killed in attacks during Ramadan, which has become one of the deadliest month in Iraq.  Based on data collected by the UN and the Iraqi government in July was the deadliest month in five years with a death toll of more than 1,000 people.  Number of deaths from attacks in Iraq surpassed 3,470 people since the beginning of this year.  Rising wave of attacks in Iraq since the beginning of this year, and according to UN reports, more than 2,500 people were killed from April to June alone, the highest number since 2008.  Death toll reaches 271 in March, while in February, 220 people were killed in violence in Iraq, according to an AFP tally based on information from security sources and medical.  Iraq hit by political turmoil and violence that killed thousands of people since U.S. forces completed the withdrawal from the country on December 18, 2011, leaving security responsibilities to Iraqi forces. 

In addition to problems with the Kurds, the Iraqi government is also at odds with the Sunni groups.  Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki (Shiite) since December 2011 seeking the arrest of Vice President Tareq al-Hashemi on terrorism charges and tried to fire Deputy Prime Minister Saleh al-Absolute. Both are Sunni leader.
Read more

Italy remove travel warnings to Egypt

Italy on Friday issued a warning to its citizens traveling to Egypt, after days of unrest, and the tour operator estimates there are about 19,000 Italians who holiday in Egypt at this time. 

The Italian Foreign Ministry said in a web page that it reinforces previous warnings for deteriorating public security, AFP reported. 

The ministry warned that the Egyptian Red Sea resort, which has so far spared from violence, could be affected by general instability related unrest in the country. 

In a travel alert on Thursday, the ministry advised residents to remain in Italy holiday resorts and hotels as well as recommend to not go to a city like Cairo and Alexandria as well as areas in the southern part of the Sinai peninsula. 

Italian news agency quoted a local travel operator said the number of Italians in Egypt resort pekal increased from 5,000 in the year to 19,000 during the peak holiday season in Italy. 

But the head of the Italian federation of tour operators Fiavet, Fortunato Giovannoni said on Tuesday that there has been a decline of 80 per cent of Italian tourists in Egypt this year compared to the summer of 2012.
Read more